Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

quiet air pump

Featured Replies

are there any air pumps out there that are actually silent or next to? plus dont viabrate, i.e can put it on a shelf and doesnt make a racket

I would recommend any made by Stellar, they seem to be a good brand and have always been quiet for me... I know how ANOYING a buzzing air pump can be!

yes there is and they cost an arm and a leg. The one I got cost me $1200.00 and is made in Japan. Had it for 10 years now and is still quiet sitting on a 6 inch shelve without moving. Can easily run 50 tanks.

ron

Hi All

"You pays your money and you takes your chances".

It's a good quote and it's true.

I actually swear by "Electromagnetic Compressors", and there are those that swear at them. :lol:

But I am running three of these units, the largest being 200 litres an hour and the smallest at 50 litres an hour for my Brine Shrimp Hatchery, and not a one of them makes as much noise as a mouse farting. :wink:

:bow:

Hi All and Alan

The quiet mice came with the house when I bought it. :lol:

Electromagnetic compressors are not as cheap as vibrator pumps but are 90% more efficient, last a lot longer and are a lot QUIETER.

The smallest costs around $50.00 up to the largest unit I use which was just over $300.00, but I consider it money well spent.

I have had to replace the diaphram set in my middle sized unit after 4 years running, and that cost me $3.75; $2.96 cheaper than a diaphram for a vibrator pump. :wink:

:bow:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.