errrrrrm hullo

Betta Luvva

I s'pose I should introduce myself, my name is Dave and I confess I'm a fishoholic.

I have kept/bred tropicals for a few decades now but about 8yrs ago had to give my fish away and stow my tanks/equipment as the competition from the wife, 3 kids, 2 cats and dog got too intense :( ,and the kids found fishing in my tanks was far more productive for them than the open waters around here, a few fish suffered because of my ignorance :evil: .

Anyway recently my 10yr old showed interest in having a tank and that was it - the floodgates opened again :lol: so I set up my 2ft tank for him and stocked it with the usual tetras, pleco, angels and platties.

I then set up my larger tanks (not large by some standards I've noticed :wink: ); a 90x40x30 with bettas, tetras, guppies (spawned already :roll: ), pleco, bristlenose, a kissing gourami which killed it's mate (nasty bugga) & a 85x60x25 with 2 hoplo cats & some platties (thnx again Phil they love all the space) but i hope to soon get a breeding pair of discus for this tank - guess I'll have to get another tank for the current inhabitants hehe. I also set up a small breeding tank for my bettas and have about 60 babies 5 weeks old from the male and one of my 4 females first spawn, though I noticed today a few of them dieing off :cry:

I would like to thank the people/administrators responsible for this excellent site :D .'Tis a wealth of information and I look forward to chatting to some of you soon.

Cheers,

Dave.

Welcome Dave

Did Caryl say a group of us in the evening

Didn't think I was a "groupie" at my age.

Still, I'mtold that ya never too old.

mmmmmmm

Make sure you have a comfy chair

Concerning joining a club up there

You'll have to tell us where in the big "A" you reside,

so that we can TRY and point you in the right direction

or give you someone to get hold of.

Welcome anyway

Alan