tortoise to good home

reptimax

hi our very good freinds have moved over seas suddenly and have left us with their tortoise, i cant look after it as i am too busy with uni and my other pets, just wondering if anyone was interested in him, i think hes around 5- 10 years old judging by the size

$1000, i can drop him off if in auckland

Last year I ended up with a rescue tortoise thru SPCA...it was sooo exciting to have it...but the owners were found after 7 days :( She ended up being (we think) a Russian? tortoise and is 70. She came to NZ on a boat with an immigrant family from England, was taken at the border and sent to Welly zoo. Then after a couple of years the family was recontacted...(I guess by letter or phone as no email!!!) and told they could have her back. They've thought it a male greek tortoise, but pictures on web indicated a female Russian, so not really sure. She was so wonderful...wandering around devouring dandelions and bananas.. She had escaped by climbing up some overgrown shrubbery and was found wandering around Halswell Quary...The family had thought she was still on their large property and being elderly hadn't thought of contacting SPCA for info which is why I had her so long. She then revisited for a couple of weeks at Christmas....hope she comes back for another holiday... :D