Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

look what I found!

Featured Replies

Volkster, I think you've discovered a new species. You should name it Hermitus Starius Volksterii :bounce:

It wasn't ment to be :x:cry: My darn cleaner shrimp "cleaned" em up!! Yanked him out yesterday :evil: I tried to save em, chased the shrimp away and moved the starfish's leg into a hide-out with it's shell. Came in this morning...gone... maybe it crawled in deeper and is amoungst the rocks??? Here's hoping!!

I thought it would be ok...it's been in the tank for almost a month now and the shrimp never did anything to it...it checked it out in the beginning but that was about it???

Wohooo...it's alive!!! Might be able to name this one after all...found him tucked away safe 'n sound :) Will keep ya'll pasted :) :bounce:

"Hermitus Starius Volksterii" Sounds great to me 8) :wink:

  • 6 months later...

Here's an update - very interesting:

Thought this guy had died:

13-BristleStarFrag-03-10-07.jpg

vanished about a week later after this shot, my cleaner shrimp made a real meal out of him...was hard trying to save this fella and eventually gave up?

6 Months later...

Moved the tank, left some excess LR in a buck full of water from my water change. 2 days later, come home after a game of squash, looked into the bucked....and to my surprise what do I see... a few of these guys:

16-StarfishFind-28-04-08.jpg

I can't think of anywhere else these guys could have come from?? I have introduce 1 or 2 small pieces of LR from other hobbiest - I could have got it from there???

These little'ns look like Bristle Starfish to me, very simular to the ones I put into my tank 6 odd months ago??? So who knows... starfish are known to regrow.

What do you guys think?

  • Author

i think that's a different species although not 100% sure. There are a lot of small ones like that in my tank that never get any bigger.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.