L046

new2discus

Well first of all I'm amazed this post wasn't blocked by a mod because you mentioned The TM word. Glad its not as I'm sure there will be heaps to say on this. ( hopefully mods will see this)

How much is it worth? A 4 yr old female could easily get to a thousand dollars and probably worth it if you had a male.

Without a male what a you prepared to pay? These guys aren't on the list so chances of getting a male is almost non-existent.

Best hope is that one of the other zeb owners will get it so hopefully we can see some of them hopefully bred here- that bway you might get something for way cheaper in the future.

" I was also talking to someone else 6 motnhs ago who was going to import them and they were going to be bout $600 each."

Hypancistrus species aren't on the list so no-one is allowed to bring them in.

The Hypas that do get in seem to come in on importers lists as a "Ancistrus species and a L number maybe and then rely on a MAF official not sure what he's looking at. At the price the zebs are, even at wholesale, and the fact they are so identifiable, how likely would some slip through or someone tried to sneak them- bit of a gamble if they all got confiscated.

Don't know why these guys couldn't come in if they had certificate of captive bred. I guess it is the best way of insuring we aren't part of the illegal export of these guys from Brazil.

be good to see how auction goes - from the sidelines for me.

i'll be watching the feedback with interest, for that amount of money you think they could have tried to post a picture of it.

No real need to have a picture as long as its what he says it is when picked up then id be more than happy, shame i cant spare that sorta money and im 2 far away anyhow :x

"I did find it weird how he wasn't going to let me view it, I know I most probably wasn't going to buy it but he didn't need to know that."

Well if its not what he specified then the easy answer is 'No deal" I guess.

It 'll be interesting if it turns up again relisted as a male.

I can understand not wanting to have endless numbers of 'Tyre kickers' turning up for a Gork.

Anyway, somewhere out there, someone is getting a new home ready, hopefully outside some boys cave.

Pray tell?

And are you talking all hypans. I presume that could come in a change to the import list. Hope you are right -still sometimes hard to find importers to bring in good stuff that is on the list.

Thought you might be interestred in shots of the Zebra that was TM.

Definite female 7-7.5cms. enjoyed shooting these for the new owners.

Gorgeous fish- so sleek and refined

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

I agree.

I would say that the $825.00 paid on TM will look cheap, and how big is the market here for that priced fish anyway.Big enough to bring numbers?

Hope someone will try to get L134 in then, might be more realistic pricewise.

Anyway good to see Erma got some common sense.