Drum Roll Please (Here it is da 500 litre)

raeh1

Well after months of planning and seven days of building this is it..............................................

:D

Sorry it reads like scrabbled eggs. But My wife is sick of me spending the week on the tank, and now this.. (after all she has beeen so supportive)

500 litre tank.

130cm * 60cm * 60cm (10 mm glass)

eheim 1260 return pump

twin 150 watt light unit with built in twin T5's and two moonlight LEDs

sea swirl return, for random water flow.

3 * tunze nano's 6045's on timers (one still to come)

tunze auto top up. (with calcium mixing unit to come)

four plug surge protector

3*6 plug multi switches

Deltec MCE600 skimmer

Sump with designed to run carbon, phos remover, and filter wool (slappers order one as well)

2 * 300 watt jager heaters

plus other assorted stuff.

Sump and Plumbing

Designed for no flooding if power trips (tested as well).

25 mm plumbing overflow (with doorso) handles the 2400 litres per hour from the eheim as planned.

20mm return from the ehiem through the sea swirl.

The sump is perfect and fits the skimmer perectly leaving room for the eventual calcium reactor... (that will have to be a deltec naturally)

Also notice its black around the sump, thats the rubber paint to stop moisture damaging the tank.

Also my baffel design allows me to run filter wool, carbon, and phos remover without any troubles, (also to add my homemade nitrite remover and calcium auto mixer in the next couple of weeks)

Tank and Stand

This time I went for solid wood. (Pine)

Thanks to swampy for adding extra supports to it so I felt comfortable that it would last the test of time.

Tank 10mm glass, with square overflow, as the triangle overflow always annoys me when fiddling with plumbing,

As well as an almost accident two years ago when I almost fell off a stool with my arm trapped down near the overflow, this overflow elimates that risk.

Flow and Lighting

The new unit from Australia is the best light combo I have come across. The twin metal halides, with twin T5's and built in twin moonlight LEDS is common sense.... This unit is awesome and in hind sight I would have imported heaps to sell on.

The flow is from 3* 6045 nanos on timers, as the 6055's are to much.

The nanos hands down whip the seios,or any other flow pump for that matter. The magnets to secure them have saved so much time and effort, and damage that my old flow pumps did to my corals.

Heaters and cooling

2 jager heaters 300 watts each, as I noticed in winter my tanks temperature drops considerably even when running a single 300watt heater. Also the precision is amazing. Both heaters switch on at exactly the same time..... :hail:

The corals and fish all made the change ok even with nitrites at about 75ppm when transfering stock over. (The decision was made to move them after 3 days in holding, and the water started to get smelly)

Cannot wait until the corals colour up again, and anemones settle down, boths clowns have their own anemones now, But get confused at times as the are identical. (from a split 3 months ago).

I managed to get a small fluro bubble tip anemone for the time being to see if it colours up but I am still saving to try another rose bubble.

Still stuff to finish and more rock to add but I'll keep up up dated on this post....

IMGA0821.jpg

IMGA0802.jpg

IMGA0801.jpg

IMGA0800.jpg

IMGA0798.jpg

IMGA0797.jpg

IMGA0795.jpg

IMGA0793.jpg

IMGA0792.jpg

IMGA0789.jpg

IMGA0786.jpg

IMGA0782.jpg

IMGA0781.jpg

IMGA0780.jpg

IMGA0779.jpg

IMGA0778.jpg

IMGA0777.jpg

IMGA0776.jpg

IMGA0773.jpg

IMGA0772.jpg

here are some more.

My current livestock is.

1 Blue Tang

1 Yellow Tang

4 blue chromis

2 pink clowns

2 percula clowns (one true one false ""they can't tell the difference)

1 Coral Beauty

1 Copperband (9 months so far, will get a pic of him feeding from my hands)

3 anemones (all bubble tips)

1 serpent star

1 clam

25-20 soft, LPS's and SPS's

1 cleaner shrimp (3 years old), I need to get him a new friend..

(also the hand rail is an excellent addition, as is the stall $35 from bunnings, and the RCD has already saved me when setting up the tank....... :oops: (every tank should have one..... :hail: )

more photos

IMGA0803.jpg

IMGA0806.jpg

IMGA0808.jpg

IMGA0811.jpg

IMGA0813.jpg

IMGA0815.jpg

IMGA0817.jpg

IMGA0818.jpg

IMGA0819.jpg

IMGA0820.jpg

That is a REALLY nice job! Well thought out at every stage, and quality workmanship also, did you make the stand yourself?

Clever idea having the heaters in the overflow, I guess as long as they are in the circuit somewhere, it doesn't matter, good thinking! :D

Great thing about a tank like that you've got everything sorted, now you can sit back, relax, and enjoy it.

Cute little green anemone, everything looking healthy.

bigthumbup.gif

ammonia: Nil

nitrites: Nil

Nitrates 20 ppm

all back to normal. :lol:

getting a little more rock in the weekend, and extra nano... :lol:

also fix the old tiny tiny things that bug me.

Otherwise the planning has paid off huge. All things work extremely well.

• 3 months later...

updated

Well finally an update. (cose we now have a camera)

4 months on, I am happy with the tank,

The only change will be a Calcium reactor in the future.

Also I am now experiencing the tunze nano problems of braking brackets which I hope the company will foot the bill and replace them with a better designed bracket. (as everyone I know is now experiencing their failure).

I have taken at least 30 frags in the past 4 months, and this is the current picture progress. enjoy.

still fiddling with the camera options so hopefully photos will improve soon. :oops:

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg