questions

seftonearl

The tank and guppies still look great, we now have 30+ snails from the six I counted after planting. This is not so bad as they are working on the algae all the time and keeping it under control.

I would like to know how I can feed the guppies when we are closed down for the 4 week Christmas break.

I have got some blocks, but they only last for 10 days.

Is there a better product that works. ?

There is a lot of plants growing so I guess they can nibble of those .

Any thoughts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

Just been on holiday, the fish are still OK after having slow release food over the 1 month break. The plants are chewed, I will have to get the snails out today. Have cleaned out the algae, badly need a GBC to handle it. Anyone in Hawkes Bay offering? I have blown our budget, due to parts for the filter, and have had to donate quite a few of the 27 killies which I put into the tank yesterday. Thanks Aquanut/ Tim who sent them .

I have just got to arrange their diet today, maybe live waterfles, anyone got any secrets on what to feed for best results?. Cheers Bill

Mine get spoiled and only get live food. I would suggest if they are used to the likes of flake that you keep them used to that as well as live food so you have that for a backup. I have brineshrimp flake that I got at a good price and could donate to such a worthy cause. If you want some PM me with your postal address and I will stick it in the mail. White worms are good food but need a cool place to survive.

I had a source of white worms jacked up, alas, something got in a killed them all. The lady has water fleas, but are they good food? Mary says that fleas bite her over anyone else and is not keen.

I know, not the same sort of fleas, but she hates fleas full stop.

She is going to feed flake today and watch to see if they eat it or not.

The killies were interested in the snails I was removing, do they eat them? if they are small enough.

Evil 69, do you buy the brine shrimp from the store and add water to feed? I don't know much about them at all.

All I can say is the killies have got a lot of growing to do, but I think they will be spectacular.

Hi all.

Well it was back to the Brain Injury Association yesterday and there have been a few things I need more answers on.

First, Thanks Alan admin for the flake which arrived yesterday, it seems the address in the Telephone book was wrong on several counts, I will correct it latter. Anyway I did feed some and it didn't break up into small bits so some of the fish were sort of wrapped in it. I guess you have to crumble it up more before feeding?.

Second, Ive lost two killies, small ones, found near the outlet tube,

it has a cap with slots in it, I wounder if the small fish could get sucked against it and trapped? through one would think not , leaves etc do get stuck there.

Third, Is it important to vac the substrate? I haven't done so yet, I do water changes every two to three weeks. I haven't got a siphon but can borrow one. I have been using a clean cloth to rub algae off the glass, is there a better way. I know, I need a algae eater.

Thanks and cheers Bill