HAS ANYONE ....

hevalump

has any fish mad people convinced there place of employment to having a work tropical set up? I work in a boat manufacturers office and i think that it would be a really nice thing to have a tank with a couple of large fish (poss a oscar or sim)...... any ideas how to twist the bosses arms? .... or has anyone had experiences with aquariums at their place of work. :)

A lot of people set them up in the work place. In your case, assuring the boss it won't cost him anything (hardly notice a bit on the power bill) and customers will be attracted to it, stay longer in the shop, and maybe buy more. Of course if you want him to pay for the tank set-up you will have to point out it is good customer PR.

They are well known to reduce stress so he/she would have a calmer work force, all happier in their jobs so more productive! :lol:

yeeees that sounds like a good story to tell... and being in a marine orientated office fishies would suit well (tropical freshwater, dont have enough experience for saltwater :( )....... how many litres would be a good start if we wanted a couple of big beautiful oscars?

From my desk I can view a 1600L marine aquarium. :D It has been setup since 1995 so some of the fishes have been here longer than I have! Every single person that walks in the door is blown away by it, I guess it is a bit different to any fish tank they have seen before...

whoa that is HUGE pity our office isnt big enough to accomodate such a spectacular tank!! Something more like 300L would be all we could proberly squeeze in......... hey when the weather is hot wherever you live is it tempting to go for a little dip :P heh heh I dont think the fishies would be impressed one little bit :wink:

Tell your boss it is good feng shui.

Goldfish or marine tank are to bring good fortune especially if you have gold coloured fish in them.

Dragon fish is especially good at bringing luck (at the moment for the LFS as they cost around $3000)

provided fish don't die you will have good luck

i had a 2 foot tank on my desk with a pair of siamese fighters in it - the boss had no choice cause its my desk, and there would be times when people from the other offices on our level would come through to watch them swimming around. they (the fish) were a surprisingly good couple.

the ladies from the offices got all cluckey when the fish spawned - they got given a jar of 'betta bites' as a congratulatory office present :)

as fish do they passed away, i'm now planning to fill the space with a black ghost knife biotype tank.

people still ask me where the fish are and i even meet new clients who, upon finding out about my fish obcession, recognise having heard about us - just from a pair of bettas!