tHEcONCH

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
Great thread with staggeringly good pics of Mandarin fry here:

http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1963

The author of this thread "Witt" is a very accomplished Marine Breeder and Author. He is the author of The Complete Illustrated Breeder's Guide to Marine Aquarium Fishes.

So it is definitely a thread to watch. He is also actively breeding other species. One of the sites owner (mpederson) used to go by MWP on ReefCentral (before being banned) and has posted a lot of information on his attempts to breed Mandarins.

Some useful information I hope :)

used to go by MWP on ReefCentral (before being banned)

Another one! :o

To be honest I have seen so many top people end up getting banned by RC, and sometimes I can't find any reason for it at all. Just wonder what goes on ay the site sometimes! nope.gif

Do you know why he was banned Zaita?

Guest Anonymous

Sorry to hijack,

But he was banned because he was selling some fish in the private sales forum to fund his research into breeding mandarins. One of the mods had a hissy and claimed he was actually a commercial breeder and because he wasn't prepared to post in the commercial section his account was banned. All very childish. But now he runs MarineBreeder, which has some awesome and well known biologists and researchers on it.

Sorry to hijack,

But he was banned because he was selling some fish in the private sales forum to fund his research into breeding mandarins. One of the mods had a hissy and claimed he was actually a commercial breeder and because he wasn't prepared to post in the commercial section his account was banned. All very childish. But now he runs MarineBreeder, which has some awesome and well known biologists and researchers on it.

Don't worry about hijacking etc in my thread - I think good threads are like good conversations - they wander around a bit as people explore topics and that means sometimes they go off on a tangent. I think that is a good thing and adds to the colour of it all, so anyone can post whatever they wan't in this thread, so long as it is either about tHEcONCH's RSM, or other 'stuff' :D

I still get the urge to buy an RSM

Even tempted to get one so I can make my main display a FOWLR and have a few triggers in there. That'll sort my naughty Blue Tang out! ;)

If ur successful with the Mandarin Babies, I'll be keen on one :)

:lol: No. I'm not a big fan of Daphnia really - a lot of roughage, but that is about it. Blood Worms are where its at for Freshwater, and Enriched Brine Shrimp for Marine - assuming you can't get a decent population of live food, of course.

Guest Anonymous
Enriched Brine Shrimp for Marine - assuming you can't get a decent population of live food, of course.

True, But I would recommend the use of Live food. it's very easy to build and capture copepods and other Zooplankton in NZL. These can then be cultured at home using a food source like yeast/phyto and then put into our tanks.

google: Zooplankton net

:)

btw: I might be down in chch this week for work, you should sell me some Zoa frags Conch ;)

Coolies - I work in the centre of town, and could perhaps drive over and meet you at lunchtime - I take it you want red and / or purple ones? Organism is between you and the airport too - maybe I can leave them for you to collect there?

Guest Anonymous

Hahaha.

I was actually after Blue ones :)

I'd like to get to Organism but not too sure if I will have time. I leave Welly at 9am and fly outta chch 4pm next day. Not sure which hotel I am going to be put up in yet either :)

Guest Anonymous

Thats looks like them :)

Will do. Only got asked today if I wanted to go down. Not too shabby considering i've been in the job 5 weeks now :D

Guest Anonymous

Hey man, Soz I didn't get a chance to catchup while down here. Next time for sure. No doubt work will send me back down in the near future.