tHEcONCH's Red Sea Max

tHEcONCH

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have to get rid of the glass shims tht hold the stock skimmer in.

My mc500 just turned up today from hutt pets, joeblog has done it and im going to be doing mine tonight,without the glass shims that hold the stock piece of shit in they fit perfectly in there like they where made for it.

I think itl b worth every cent plus more

from what ive heard the deltec pulls out more in one day than the RSM skimmer ever did,which wouldnt be much

So I ran the blade down inbetwen the glass and the shim and get abou 2 thirds of the way down and think man this is so easy its taken me all of a minute! then the shim breaks same place on both sides now im stucks with a third maybe abit more of the shims going to have to slowly get those out somehow,dont think i have the balls to use a chisel and hammer YET but we will see :lol:

i think if i had the chance to do it again i could maybe get them off in one piece :-?

• 3 weeks later...

It isn't too much different really - some things have grown a bit, but I haven't done much to it lately. It survived my holiday OK - It seems to have found some sort of equilibrium, so I'm just going to let it be for now - unless I can get hold of something particularly cool, that is... :wink: