Oil filled glasscutters

jim r

Ive been managing to cut (relatively successfully even) glass with a $3 warehouse cutter and a $10 green diamondator (or something like that) cutter I got the green one from placemakers.

I was looking into getting an expensive one but then Barrie came on and said that was all he used so I figured it was just technique so yeah I worked on it, as Alan said only make one cut, make it at the same pressure right the way through stay at the same speed and straight and I use some oil lol I used brake fluid that seemed to work. Oh and clean along where your cutting with second hand glass.

Good luck :)

Jim r

for the amount of cutting you would do, I wouldnt even think about it

If you do decide to buy it, I could sell you some land in Arizona as well :wink:

They work and work well but in my company, we dont bother with them. The green Diamantor cutters are great and its normally only the the way you use them that will create any problems and those problems will still happen with the "Toyo" cutters as well. Paying $30 to $40 for an self oiling cutter is expensive if you dont know how to use it correctly.

I sell the diamantore for $4.50 I think (cant remember to be honest) and they work every bit as well as the dearer ones but as with all cutting, its very, very important to keep the wheel oiled. I use Inox but 3n1 oil or any other light machine oil is fine.

If anyone wants to learn how to cut glass, get in touch and Im happy to show you at no cost

Maybe we could set up a date for anyone that wanted their glass cut down and I could do it for them?

Happy to help