Filter trouble

brishe

We have got a Aqua one cf 1000 canister filter it is running a 200litre tank at the moment, i have had it set up a while now (3months) but it never keeps the water chrystal clear, today i noticed tiny bits of stuff floating all around, its like the small stuff isnt getting trapped in the filter.

i also watched some particles go floating right past the inlet part of the filter, it should be sucking all that stuff up too.

Any ideas whats going on?? The filter nevr came with a very good instruction manual so maybe its not set up right.

did you check the tubing? often they do get clogged up and need a clean. well mine do anyways. :-?

no i didnt this time, but it hasnt been doing an excellent job really the whole time, does it matter that the inlet pipe is right at the bottom of the tank and the spray bar is under the water.

would either of these cause a problem??

Be sure that the connections in the filter are sitting true and that the rubber grommits are sealing them properly. I am talking about the baskets and pump aligning up properly with a good seal.

Can be a bit tricky getting it right.

Also try adding more filter wool to the top basket.

Be sure that the connections in the filter are sitting true and that the rubber grommits are sealing them properly. I am talking about the baskets and pump aligning up properly with a good seal.

Can be a bit tricky getting it right.

Also try adding more filter wool to the top basket.

i will have a look at that tonight and let you know, thanks.

Does it have corregated hoses? Our Fluval does, and after you restart it the damn thing spits out pale ginger fluffy looking gunk all over the tank, takes a day to clear.

Probably should clean them out with a brush on a wire, but that means I will have to disconnect the whole lot off the tank and Co2 system... lazy, eh?

Does it have corregated hoses? Our Fluval does, and after you restart it the damn thing spits out pale ginger fluffy looking gunk all over the tank, takes a day to clear.

Probably should clean them out with a brush on a wire, but that means I will have to disconnect the whole lot off the tank and Co2 system... lazy, eh?

Yup.

I've also found that when I clean the filters, and refill it with water, gunk falls off the filter pads, and goes all over the noodles :/

I've just had the same problem with my new set up, and have JUST got the water clear. It's a new set up and suspect I did'nt clean the noodle's good enough plus was a bit of the aqua basis floating around. As the tank is bare (apart from gravel) at the moment I just used some water clarifier (took a few dose's) and put more filter wool in. I also have a cf1000 btw.

no it doesnt, the tubes are smooth and look reasonably clean too.