Prazi and Metro in CHCH

The Great White Hand

I recently bought some Droncit tablets from CRT (CRT is a farm supply store) these came in boxes of 50 tablets are 50mg tabs. of prazi.

BUT.. I was in there again yesterday and most of what they had left was past its use by date. There may still have been a couple of good ones left. If you call, get them to open a box and check the date on the foil packs on the bottom right hand side.

I went to the the Hornby shop but check the phonebook as there are others (03-344 4040 - 156 Waterloo Rd Hornby Christchurch)

Your vet may be able to help with metro. I have also used Drontal super all wormer for DOGS (50mg's of prazi per tablet plus 2 other ingredients) from supermarkets on my fish with no ill effects BUT I believe some poeple have had some trouble. As with any meds I guess you have to watch closely and be prepared to do water changes. I keep a buck of freshwater next to the tank when I'm treating in case I need to net any of them out urgently.

If these are tablets I don't think I would be too worried about the useby date. I know with 'human' pills, the date is just to give an idea of how old they are and which to use first so stock is rotated. They do not lose their effectiveness over time.

Indeed, if past the useby date they might sell them real cheap to get rid of them :wink:

A vet ought to be able to advise whether this particualr med loses efectiveness over time.