Good deal??!

Hoody

sounds about normal price to me. You can by that filter for $129 from pet planet, heater for about $25 off trademe. Not to sure of the tank price but there are usually new tank & stands on trademe for around $430 that are 1000mm long (assuming the 80 refers to a length of 80cm).

Note however, that the Aqua One tanks are moulded glass too, and also an all-in-one system. Marginally more aesthetically pleasing.

here's a link for an auction for a Sunsun unit.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 23.htm?p=1

this one is the same size as the aqua one but much taller. I bought a 1000mm Sunsun unit & it has rounded front corners, an filtration system & lights in the hood etc. Its was $439 including cabinet. I also added a CF1000 canister filter which made the water alot better.

Hi .... I bought an AR-620 for $371 a couple of weeks ago ..... brand new from Critter Kingdom in Chch ..... they had a tank sale, supposedly ending end of June, but notice they still have a sign out.

Their staff unpacked it and set it up, I just had to purchase heater

regards

(a newbie)

That is a really good deal and below the usual wholesale price - I think they specialed some out a while ago. We purchased a few of these and they are a really nice unit. They are different from the AR series as they come with the canister filter rather than top filters. I would definitely go for it and far better than the Sun Sun ones.

I bit the bullet and went for it today! :D Have seen the same set up retailed for $1200!? Filter is a far better one than the trickle/over head set up's on the "AR" tank's. Just got in set up now, wot a mission! Now i've gotta hurry up and wait for it to cycle then stock up! 8) :bounce:

Yeah i thought so too Afrikan! Stoked! :D

Just seem to be having a problem with "mist" looking stuff in the water?? I know thing's will take a while to settle down but :(:o

Have laid a bed of approx 3cm JBL aqua basis, then approx 3cm sand substrate. Could it be the Aqua basis leaching through or have i got other issue's?? Have had water in and filter running for about 24 hour's now and it still just look's misty/cloudy in the tank?

I washed it through a collinder thing because i wanted quite coarse sand and only small amount's at a time? Thort it might have been enough? It's been about 48 hour's now, how long can it take for thing's to settle down??

Also, can you cycle a tank for TOO long?? As in before you put any fish in?? I just want to take my time and get this tank set up properly before any fish go in??

I would definitely go for it and far better than the Sun Sun ones.

i had an AR620 & still have a sunsun 1000mm tank. I prefer the sunsun over the aqua one cause the hood & cabinet looks alot better, sunsun hood parts are made of aluminium which will last alot longer than the plastic hood parts of the aqua one item especially when my cat always sleeps on it. the sunsun hood filter has four separate filter boxes instead of one which seems to do a better job.

at the end of the day, a tank is something that hold water. so if neither leak then they are equal. the hood filter is only a water pump, some piping & some media boxes that the water flows through. again if they both pump & filtrate then they must be equal on some level. i prefer the look & feel of the parts of the sunsun so I kept it (& it is much bigger). I am about to get another larger tank & will be looking for a sunsun over a aqua one as i have had nothing but good experiences with them.

:) i understand that the earlier series of sunsuns were very average quality but the one i bought a year ago is excellent. the lighting is sealed to keep moisture out to.