Escaped?....or eaten!!!!

well i got home from work tonight and go to feed me nice fat jap fire bellied newts and what do i find but teh mesh covering part of teh tank fallen in.

Now this isnt the first time it has happened but it usually doesnt fall that far and the newts were usually to fat to be able to get out. so i quicly rip out all the stones and stuff to try and find them but with no luck.

so i proceeded to rip my room apart lookign in every hole or crevice i coudl find but still nothing. I am then informed that our cat has been spotted hanging around the tanks while i have been at work, but no one thought anything of it.

So now i feel it is RIP to little Toyo and Ito my japanese fire bellied newts and i guess this goes down as one of those unsolved mysteries. I think ill invest in a nice new tall tank so no animals can get in or out.

anyone got any jap newts for sale?

probably the cat, with the damaged top :cry:

the cat was being a cat, we no longer keep a cat

newts are excellent climbers on glass

they use the dampness of their body to suck onto the glass even upside down for a short distance

can travel a long way but dust and fluff are a killer

Oh No! That sucks!

I once thought that one of my Chinese newts had escaped so I searched the tank and my room for him but I couldn't find him and went to bed feeling quite sad. When I woke up in the morning he was sitting on his rock - I've never figured out where he hid that time!

Are newts poisonous though? Just a thought? If your cat is still healthy then maybe the newts are still hiding in your room?

Good luck and I will keep an eye out for some more newts for you!

Mel :)