native skinks/gecko

broms2

Hi, anyone around Auckland that are keeping native skinks, gecko. I am a member of the NZ herp society and am trying to find someone that can show me the best way to set up for keeping them, i've almost got all the material I need but want more ideas on the enclosures and husbandry, want to get going soon so I can get my first permit, any help would be appreciated.

should have asked when you were down last

I have 2 baths out the back 1/2 full of dirt, planted with a frame over top with flyscreen and mesh, cheapest gecko enclosures i ever built

also a smaller enclosure made to recommendations to go

give me a pm if you want me to show you round the displays I manage at the Auckland Museum. Unfortunately I won't be able to show you the big behind the scenes enclosures because of Quarantine restrictions etc, but I'll happily show you around the Displays. (We have Northland green geckos, brown forest geckos and shore skinks) (As well as Seahorses, Bees, Eels, Locusts, Spiders, Frogs, Cockroaches, Wetas, Native F.W fish and Crayfish, Native aquatic insects, Crays, Crabs, Starfish, Kina, Anemones etc :D )

should have asked when you were down last

I have 2 baths out the back 1/2 full of dirt, planted with a frame over top with flyscreen and mesh, cheapest gecko enclosures i ever built

also a smaller enclosure made to recommendations to go