planted tank 230L

nemines

hello!

ive got a planted tank 92x45x55.

-filter= EHEIM 2224

-lighting= t5 ho 2x39w,powerglo and lifeglo

-co2= dupla delta400

-using laterite, and 2-4mm quartz gravel with Red Sea 'root therm'

-fish so far: 5 bolivian rams, 1 red spot pleco(temporary)

-fish to get: 6 flying fox, 4 Black mollies, 2 golden bristlenose, 20 neon tetras

-plants so far: valiseneria spiralis, anubias barteri var. nana, anubias barteri and java fern + moss.

all suggestions welcome.

will post some pics soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good!

It's quite interesting that quite a few people start a planted tank and put Val in it, then after a while they take it out because it grows rampantly and blocks the light - been there, done that!

• 4 weeks later...

a question for you nemines (or anyone else actually) - when you took out the val how did you replant the tank? do you just stick your hand in with the fish? or do you need to take them out??

sorry i've only just today got myself a tank and now have to fill it :) and still have lots of questions!!

i put some of the val in my duboisi tank (it's gone now) the rest i chucked in my worm farm (it's gone now too!). you wouldn't have wanted it, it was beginning to be covered with beard algae. i was able to bleach my anubias -they're tough- but val would have just melted.

thanks for all your comments!