seperate male fighters

soky5

Do as David said, or get one big tank with heater and filter and use plastic bottles to seperate with holes in them, I have seen another breeder with this kind of setup.

May I ask why you're getting so many males?

I think soky5 was intending to breed them. IME the hatch rate can be huge. Its better to be prepared in advance than have nowhere to put the males. Its not so bad in Auckland but Timaru is too cold to have them in jars unless in a well heated draft free room. (Having lived in Timaru for 11 years myself).

If you are intending to breed them to sell as mature males you will need to seperate them so that they can see each other and flash their fins as this encourages good fin development. Otherwise you sell them for a lot less as unsexed. I made tanks within tanks from glass with stainless steel mesh on the bottom and divided into sections about 75mm square and 3/4 the depth of the main tank. Lift and replace the container once a day and get an instant water change. Siphon the gunge off the bottom daily. They respond well to good food and lots of water changes. You will need lots of tanks as they grow at different rates and are best seperated by size or you end up with only a few pretty average fish.