Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Introductory Babble

Featured Replies

Hello from chilly Dunedin. I have been lurking for quite a while but well, I'm shy :)

My partner and I started with a 50l tank a year and a half ago and then about a year ago we got a 250l tank. Would have more but, normal story, no room.

We have a very basic community tank setup in the big tank, plattys, tiger barbs, two bala sharks four and a half clown loaches (one is a dwarf) danios, harlequinsvariety of tetra,bristlenose catfish a brand new hopla catfish, and one red tailed black shark. Was typing this out and finding extra fish. It doesn't look that many, but it really sounds a lot.

The little tank has just been setup again, half a dozen kribensis in it until I can find somewhere / someone to give them to.

I think that is the highlights really, and I promise I will try to stop lurking.

Hi there xarianz and welcome. Don't be shy! Come and join us in chat one evening. There is usually a group of us in there from 9pm. Not me tonight though as I am going to see Billy Connolly!!! :lol:

Did you know Dunedin has an aquarium club? Some of their members are here too.

:D welcome also from the chilly south

as you have been told don't be shy we r all friendly here

i am in dunedin and would be happy to help in anyway

i am a member of the local fish club

chhers marty

A big welcome from me :D How are the bala sharks getting on with the red tail shark in the tank?? A friend of mine has a couple of bala's and although a little shy they are just awesome.

  • Author

The red tail keeps chasing the bala sharks, actually he chases everything. Never tries to catch anything so he will be alright for a while yet (hopefully) I just keep trying to count the neon tetras to see if they are all still trere. Anyone know how to make them stay still to be counted?

if you count them when you 1st turn on the lights

hope you have a good hiding hole for your sharks

if u want info on the local club send a pm

:roll:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.