electras breeding

banaro

yay just watched my electras spawn and my female now has a nice mouth full they where also at it yesterday but today hopefully shell go full term lol its now awaiting game also aint stopped lol wich they where in there own tank after our shift if this dont work they will go in a lone tank fingers crossed lol Cheers Geremy

trying to get vid so yeah might post or get p[ics if poss

got a few vids just unsure as to post or do i upload to youtube and then post link on here? still at it now lol really need their own tank but well see what happens electras aint that common in nz are they ? and anybody sucssesfully breed them any info will be nice cheers

• 2 weeks later...

:bounce: :hail: :bounce: :hail: :bounce: :hail: :bounce: :hail:

Mrs and Mrs Banaro are pround to anounce the arrive of 15-16 electra babies as of about half hour ago. Mumma is doing well and back in main tank.

All babies are fine no eggs sacks eveneven. :lol: :lol: :bow:

PS Pix to come asap in between packing lol

Congrats !! all the best with the future broods.

fishtank268.jpg

Blue Dolphin Fry top pick

fishtank266.jpg

Electra Fry bottom pick

Sorry not perfect picks

We have found they are very similar, even have orange anal fins and black on the top fins. Electra's have more of a silver shimmer on the body.

Would be a task to separate them if they we in together until a later stage, or the dolphins colour up, good thing we have ours in separate tanks. LOL

LYNN :wink:

its awesome i got them i reckon as they are still not that common i see there are some on tm is that malawinz from here? has 30 fry so they are getting a little brooder but still not as likely to find as the usuals wich is cool as they are different cool looking fish and eventually i might trade some for some peacocks or somthing saves forking out money when 2 people can help each other out all well today havent lost any so im stoked bye for now Geremy