clown loaches bred?

Chris.L

mm, my clown loaches have been acting VERY funny for the last couple of months, as in, collecting food in their mouths and making a 'nest' like structure at the front of the tank. Yesterday I noticed about 20 eggs on the front glass panel.

Could this be the clown loaches? Or something else?

I have discus / corys / neons in the tank, but they were not discus or cory eggs, as they looked TOTALLY different.

Any help would be appreciated :D

cheers

Removing the eggs depends on how robust the eggs are.

With cory eggs it's reasonably easy - I've found that immediately after laying they're two soft but give them an hour or so and they can be more easily handled - just roll them onto the tip of your finger - most of the time they stick but I do also have one of those plastic pipettes ready in the other hand to suck up any that I dislodge that don't stick to my finger.

The other way that people will remove eggs from the glass is with a razor blade - should have it at an angle to the glass so that you are scraping off rather than slicing through.

Remove the eggs to a container with water from the spawning tank and possibly some light aeration. If removing eggs individually have them spread out in the hatching container (makes it easier to remove any eggs that are infertile or start to fungus).

• 7 months later...