5 month old tank...now what?

fievels007

Hi, I have the fish as listed below in my 60l tank. I've just had a big clean out of plants that were getting out of control, there is now more space in the tank and the fish are all scooting about very happy with their water change!

I'm now looking at it wandering what do do with the tank next. Anyone got any ideas?

Wouldn't mind beginning to breed some babies... maybe some bristlenoses, just not sure about the room available in the tank?

As your fish seem pretty happy and settled in their current tank, you dont want to mess with it too much.

Sounds like time to get another tank :lol:

Thats how it begins...

But if you want to get into breeding fish you really need to get another tank set up, breeding in a community tank is usually a problem. Even if you can persuade them to breed, the fry will most likely get eaten.

Cheers

Ian

We only have a small flat, not really enough room for another tank... nor will the bank balance allow for it!

There is room in the tank for more fish, is there not? I want something really really cute and colourful in there as most of the fish in there are there simply to get a job done...ie, eat snails and algae!

Siamese fighters....our two females have heaps of personality. Our tank is 65L and we have 2 bristlenoses, 9 cardinal tetras, 7 long fin blue danios (very active), 2 siamese algae eaters and the bettas. I like the mix and the fish all get along. The danios were the last to go in and really made a difference to the appearance of the tank.

I'd go with some fighters too (esp crown tails - see below pic for idea :P) nice colours and look cool when they flare up also some nice pure colours like red etc.

Blue rams are cool aswell really attractive but can fin nip on long finned fish and if pair and breed can be territorial

200552712856_RBOSMGCT.jpg

Went to get a Siamese Fighter on the weekend, but the only ones they had were round tailed ones... I wanted the full beautiful tail! Couldn't help but fall in love with a couple off little fish that I had to buy. When I got home I looked back on here only to see that the Blue Rams I had bought were a suggestion on this post!

They are so cool. They really look as cool as marine fish! Excited about the fact that they have breeding potential too.

All the fish in the tank are very happy with their new tank mates. The more fish we add the happier the other inhabitants seem to get.

We also bought a magnetic window cleaner too... what a genius invention! Now I just have to wait for the algae to grow again so I can use it!

The dwarf gourami pictured above looks fabulous! Will have to hunt those out at some stage in the future, as well a bettas!