Help with lighting!

nick777

hi guys, need some help with lighting..

I got a 3ft turtle tank with gravel on the ramp and bottom, its really dark even with all the room lights off. some help please.....my 2 young turtles will live with some convicts and I want the tank to look brighter and prettier. what sort of lighting do you use? :bounce: :hail:

6500k bulbs, about 1/2 watt per L if you dont have plants. Im not sure what wattage turtles need but someone should know

May want to have a look at florescent tubes at you local electrical wholesaler

What lighting do you have?

6500k bulbs, about 1/2 watt per L if you dont have plants. Im not sure what wattage turtles need but someone should know

May want to have a look at florescent tubes at you local electrical wholesaler

What lighting do you have?

I just upgraded to this, still using the one I had for my 30L tank.i know... :oops:

never mind the prettier bit,they need a source of UV light to be able to metabolise the calcium in their diet for healthy shell and bone growth.You should get a reptile tube to fit your flourescent fitting and try to have it so they can get as close to it as possible,also they lose there effective ness pretty quick and should be replaced every 12 mths.