Christchurch Itinerary this weekend

Caryl

Note this is a suggestion only and subject to change at a moment's notice :lol:

Anyone wanting to join us should text me to find out where we are. Either be at Meadowpark Motorpark, 39 Meadowpark St. Papanui, before we start 9am Sunday (and/or Monday), or join us at other times once you know where we are. If we are near anyone who would like a ride, let me know 021 158 6634 or PM or email before we leave home on Saturday.

Sunday:

Start from Meadowpark Motorpark

9am Visit Alan Minnery

10am Critter Kingdom, 250 Stanmore Rd

11am Animates, 469 Papanui Rd

lunch somewhere handy

1pm Petworld, cnr Ferry Rd and Smith St

2pm Animates, Moorehouse Ave

3pm Animates, Tower Junction

4pm Critter Kingdom, 213 Blenheim Rd

5pm The Water Garden, 297 Blenheim Rd

BYO tea/get-together at Sharon & Terry’s, 57a Hoon Hay Rd

Monday:

9am Leave Meadowpark for Organism cnr Ilam & Clyde Rds

10.30am Redwood Aquatics, 21 Hussey Rd

lunch somewhere handy

1pm Southern Encounter Aquarium & Kiwi House Cathedral Square

Entry fee: Adult $14, Child $5, Student (with ID) $12, Family (2A & up to 3C) $33

rest of the afternoon for shopping or free time

visit Gareth and Dena to see their 3ft tank (if you want & has to be after work)

Evening meal: choose on the day. Plenty of options.

Tuesday:

Morning: collect fish from shops (assuming you are buying some)

Lunch somewhere handy

Afternoon: Head for Picton. leave 1pm at latest to be in time for ferry.

a handy place for lunch near Animates Papanui is the food court at the mall round the corner. I love the Hungry Wok there.

As for buying fish, Redwood has albino bichirs at the moment, but these may be gone by then. I haven't seen them myself but I'm told they're senegalensis and cost $45 (don't rely on that though!)

We can queue (and kick wilson out of the way) :lol:

No idea how many will join us. There are 8 coming to ChCh in our group but I don't know how many others will join us once we start the shop crawl or how many are coming to the knees-up at Loopy's on Sunday night. LOTS I hope. I love putting faces to names of people I talk to in here.

Tell wilson to take his sleeping bag with him. Look foreward to meeting you all.

Alan

We can queue (and kick wilson out of the way)

No idea how many will join us. There are 8 coming to ChCh in our group but I don't know how many others will join us once we start the shop crawl or how many are coming to the knees-up at Loopy's on Sunday night. LOTS I hope. I love putting faces to names of people I talk to in here.

i have school on monday :cry:

Hi caryl

No you won't see me working in animates this weekend, for the last 2 years I have bin working from monday to friday as a stokie and have the weekends of :D. Sometimes I do help out in de weekends when there is a person sick or on things like aquafun day (next one in july I think)

I still work at the papanui store and still enjoying it.

We can talk some more at loops place ok

cheers marcel

Hope you're having fun down here guys!! :) Wonder if any of you are suffering from internet withdrawal? :wink:

Hope you're all spending up large and having a great time. It was nice to meet you on Saturday.

ps: I'm absolutely chuffed with my new Jordanellas and they are spending most of their time cleaning the string algae off my glass!! WooHoo!!

Also.. my other half saw the Leopardfish I was taking to Milet. He had a good look at them and said "You'll have to get some!" and I put on my sad face and said.. "But my tank is too small" :cry: And for the first time he admitted.. maybe I would need another tank!!! BONUS!!! I owe it to you folks :lol:

I caught up with everyone at organisms monday morning. And yeah that cash register was running red hot i think!! Then i followed everyone along to redwood aquatics and well $$$!! :lol:

I think Billaney will be going home pretty happy!

The kids slept in on monday morning! i might have to get everyone round every evening to wear them out like that! :wink: They were totally shattered! So many people to chat to and play with!

Thanks everyone for coming along! :hail: I think it was a hugely successful night. It was great to see the familiar faces and the new faces.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as i did. And i can't wait for the next meeting!

:oops:

:D I just poked my head in quickly before going to bed. i work from 6pm to 1am most evenings. Come home and have a small nosey to see what i missed while i was working.

What were YOU doing still up at that hour?? :lol:

I exist in a slightly different universe in which anytime before 10am I consider to still be the middle of the night. Always been a real night owl :-?

Boy and you were up before 8 too!! :bow::bow:

Do they call you WonderWoman? I hope you get a snooze at some point!