Out with the acro's in with the LPS!

lduncan

I didn't think so :D Looks to be a pretty nondescript coral, but I like to give some things a punt. That's how I ended up with a superman monti in the past.

I considered getting that other piece but it's not totally what i'm after.

I'm really looking for goniastrea like this:

LPS8.jpg

and Platygyra like this:

302-06M.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get it?

I went to HFF again today and that nice brain has been sold!

Isn't speed in aussie? Acan's are really common over there. A lot of the nice acans showing up in the States are from Australia, since they started exporting some corals recently.

Dunno about craze. From what i've seen the prices over in the States range from around $50 for indo ones, up to $150 for cream of the crop Aussie and Japanese ones. I wouldn't call that through the roof.

There are a few LPS I personally prefer over Acans. I like the goniastreas and montistreas, favias. Basically the less "fleshy" ones.

Yea i'm in Aussie, should have changed my location. I bought this acan because i saw your threat Laton, LOL! and it happened that they have this really nice one at the LFS. There are other acans, faviates etc.. etc... but they are mostly green.

Here are some pics of a few i have.

Some are very hard to get as the states takes them all and then sell them for big money.

They are a bit like acros as they do change colour due to water conditions.

I had some come in dark brown and they turned out to be the best red corals i have .

favia52007.jpg

acan052007b.jpg

acan052007a.jpg

acan052007.jpg

Also a few acros pics,

i am getting such awesome colors in my acros since the temperature dropped in winter,

Found that in summer you do loose a bit of colour due to the high temp.

greenstag052007.jpg

acropurple052007.jpg

Thanks Rockerpeller I went down & had a look, they got another one of those nice brown & green brains same as mine!

Nice score for someone but mines losing it's uniqueness!

And nice pics Reef, what is that purple one partly shown, to the right of the green stag?

• 2 months later...