air-filled guppy

Whiskas

One of my female guppies appears to be filled with air! I have put her in a breeder net thingy and haven't fed her for a couple of days, just in case it was constipation or something. But now she is floating on her side, breathing rapidly and is still full of air (you can see the air when she is under the light, it is in where her stomach is). Is there a way to fix this? She is only a newly purchased guppy and i haven't had any fry from her. She is quite pretty, blondish tuxedo(?) Would love to save her and get some fry from her!

Possibly dropsy - do her scales stick out like a pinecone? If it is you could try epsom salts but its pretty much incurable. Doesn't appear to be contagious but move her from the tank if theres other fish in there. Dropsy occurs when vital organs fail causing fish to retain fluid.

I dont think its dropsy (?) i have had one with it before so i know kinda what it looks like. Her scales aren't sticking out. She looks kinda like you could pop her, but i could never bring myself to do that!!!! :o I can see the air, or clear fluid, like its a large bubble.

I am off home now so will see how she is doing and try putting her in a epsom salt bath (if she is still with us!)