display tanks for Killis

Barrie

If I was to set up a display tank and only put in male killis (for the colour) would I be inviting problems.

The idea would be to say put 6 to 10 males of any 3 or 4 spiecies together but with out the company of females. Will they fight and distroy each other?

I haven't done that Barrie, as I keep all my species in their own tanks.

But one of the most spectacular sights I have seen of killies in a tank, was a tank with only male gardneri in it.

It was a faily wide tank, that gave it the ability to have a riverbank on the back wall with the pond or steam in the front.

It was only filled about one third full allowing the plants on the riverbank to develop to the height of the tank.

By having females, it allows breeding in another tank to raise your own males.

A lot cheaper than the $25 asked for in the shops, but then, if you were a member of the NZKA you could probably score some at a fraction of the public prices.

Pays to know who ya friends are.

Thanks Alan(s)

Yes I will be posting my check today if I remember to take the form to work with me.

The idea was to have 10 to 20 breeding tanks and to breed my own but wanted to look at a tank for the lounge so it is not an over night thing.

Last time I had Killis I had breeding 32 tanks and 32 spieces but those days were 20 odd years ago, maybe more.

This has been sparked by my daughter getting some Guppies and wanting to breed them. I showed her the Killis on the net and she loved them

Thanks again