Aqua one, cf1200

bulldogod

Hi I have one as well - it appears a batch came in with a leaky tap (small hole/crack), seems particularly to be on the intake. Only slightly obvious when the filter is up and running and you turn the intake off when the motor is still on, a very slight leak. Apart from this I find it great and have since purchased a cf1000 and cf700 with no problems at all.

It seems the shops that the filters are purchased from are happy to come to the party and replace the taps with no problems.

The problems not the filter system, its a manufacturers fault - if you get what I mean.

Yep, I had this too. Another tap would fix it, but the leak (on the suction side) is very minor and introduces only a small amount of air.

I don't think it's a batch issue - I know of one bought more than a year ago and it had this problem, and the last one I bought had a similar problem.

The filters themselves are great, but I guess the QC on the taps might be a bit out? New taps are only a couple of dollars tho. If you're buying one from a store (and of course paying the premium that they demand), make them include an extra tap in the price.

Try having the store order you in a Jebo 819, only a few dollars more and to date I haven't heard of any problems. We have four of these filters and they're fantastic, 819 has HUGE media capacity and comes with media like the CF1200 does but also includes taps that dont have cracks in them (patent pending :lol: ).

guy was telling me at pet shop today that the problem was people were taking them apart to clean or replace media and the little o rings were falling out and people putting them bac togeather and not noticing the o rings gone, hence the leaking

I have the baby CF500 for my 60L tank and they are great and it is silent. One thing I do find to be problem is the algae growing inside the tube and rubber pipe and this affect the flow. A real pain to clean. Anyone have any tips of stopping this happening? Will green pipe less likely to have algae?

I have the baby CF500 for my 60L tank and they are great and it is silent. One thing I do find to be problem is the algae growing inside the tube and rubber pipe and this affect the flow. A real pain to clean. Anyone have any tips of stopping this happening? Will green pipe less likely to have algae?

what you can do is get electrical tape and tape them :) Best results is when after you have cleaned the inner of pipe itself. Maybe thats why the fx5 has grey vacuum cleaner type tubings..

also the great thing about these filters is the parts are cheap , i have had these filters since they 1st came into nz and i just have a tap set on hand just in case, most of the time its the o ring or over doing the tap,

i made a pipe cleaner. get a botle brush, cut off most of the wire shaft. tie heavy fishing line to the end. trim brissles of bottle brush so doesnt get stuck. tie a large swivel on the other end of fishing line. feed the swivels through the pipe & pull botle brush through.

bottlebrushA.jpg

I too have the CF1200 and had one of the isolation valves leak. The leak was coming out from under the isolation handle, contacted the supplier and they couriered another set of isolation valves direct to me within a few days.

Have had no other problems apart from that and definately better than the trickle filter that came as standard on my 240L aqua nova tank.

I too have the CF1200 and had one of the isolation valves leak. The leak was coming out from under the isolation handle, contacted the supplier and they couriered another set of isolation valves direct to me within a few days.

very common problem. I had that too when i first set it up and the replacement taps were way much better imo