May Aquarium World

Caryl

Just started printing the May issue so hopefully it will be posted next Monday (assuming I can get the stapler to work). Anyone know where to buy good quality, heavy duty, long arm staplers?

We have a great one at the library :D but have no idea where they got it from. It staples magazines really well.

The only one I've seen costs about $120 and doesn't work very well. The alignment of the top and bottom parts keeps shifting so one or both sides of the staple bend over on the wrong side of the paper... I modified it to stop the movement and now it's ok. At the back where the top and bottom parts are riveted together I drilled out the rivets and replaced them with high-tensile allen bolts. Stopped all the movement. I also had to re-align the bottom plate where the staple bends over but can't remember what I did to fix it. Works well now.

Sarah can you see if you can find out where they got it from?

Places like Warehouse Staionery have a $120 or so one which is like the one I have. It is OK (mine has lasted 10 yrs so can't complain) but I would prefer something a little more robust. I found one (I think) at Raeco but it has been days since I applied for an account - which you have to have to find out the prices :roll: . They thanked me for the application and sent a questionnaire, which I answered immediately, but I havn't heard back yet.

Have now run out of black so am waiting until Friday to get a new one (backordered :-? )

Sarah can you see if you can find out where they got it from?

Places like Warehouse Staionery have a $120 or so one which is like the one I have. It is OK (mine has lasted 10 yrs so can't complain) but I would prefer something a little more robust. I found one (I think) at Raeco but it has been days since I applied for an account - which you have to have to find out the prices :roll: . They thanked me for the application and sent a questionnaire, which I answered immediately, but I havn't heard back yet.

Have now run out of black so am waiting until Friday to get a new one (backordered :-? )

Will try to Caryl. Am copying and pasting this into an e-mail to remind me for tomorrow :D

I have a feeling that it may be a Raeco one.....

Seems odd Loopy that Sharn got hers before you! But I find the post to her region is fastest - Wellington is slowest. Perhaps the posties stop to read them on the way :wink:

Dixon, the NZ Aquarium World is a quarterly magazine published by the FNZAS and is NZ's only magazine for tropical, cold water and marine fish hobbyists. It is produced by hobbyists, for hobbyists.

It is a 40 page A5 full colour magazine that is published Feb, May, Aug and Nov. All FNZAS members get a FREE copy but it is also available by subscription (or from some libraries - Auckland city, Marlborough, Dunedin and Hocken Libraries).