This would be a challenge

WEKA

technically i think it is possible, practically it would be a real task. if the space above the water was a vacume then the water may not flow out, kinda like putting a straw into the water, capping the top with your finger & pulling it out, the water won't fall out until air gets to the top.

It would only need to be a little. At the water level of the outlets it would be exactly the same as atmospheric pressure. (If it was more the water would gush out, if it was less air would force in)

It'd be nowhere near enough to make them swell up and pop or anything like that.

The first link took me to a 'fish highway' which is a very cool idea (as long as the perspex highway remains completely airtight. If it doesn't you get a really big mess!)

The second (c/- Ira) took me to something different. That one has feeding ports below the waterline. Although the concept is the same there is a hell of a lot more to lose in the second one!

Someone commented about "having some fun" and putting a straw in through the feeding port, but that wouldn't work would it? Even a siphon tube should get you nowhere.