WTH? Tropheus holding to what?

Afrikan

My Tropheus duboisi who is my Frontosa tank "cow" is holding.. but to what?

It (which I now know is definately a she) is playing mother :o

For a few days I have had major breeding behaviour going on in the tank, 2 what seems to be harems of Frons, one down either end of the tank.... fish getting a bit stroppy so tomorrow is the day that the tank mates get taken out minus the Alto comp and this hussy Duboisi, as they are staying in there for good.

So what is coming out tomorrow are a few Brichardi, Lelus, and the Chipoka Peacock male who was put back in there (the Frons tank mate)

Frenchy.. what would you say she has bred with? :D

Damn shame it wasn't another Duboisi :lol:

Hmm yeah majorly puzzled.. would be interesting to see what they are.. grow them on enough to find out I guess then give one of the fish a few tasty morsels :roll:

I am pretty much stumped :lol: Got me eyeing up our new 6fter for some duboisi now.. too late tho, it's the Green Terror tank :roll: :lol:

Hi

By Tropheus Brichardi female lives with a group of Borleyi and a fasco. from time to time she holds which had me guessing till I watched her one day spawn with herself. Round and round she went picking up her own eggs before the other fish got hold of them.

She held for 3-4 days then she must have spat.

Mike

You could be right there Frenchy, she might just be feeling the need to be mother material and have scooped up a few pebbles, with everything in the tank wanting to breed, I am thinking maybe she's just got a little carried away :lol: She is certainly doing a good job so far, swilling them around :lol:

And if she has managed to spawn with something then it is either the Peacock or a male Fron (of which I doubt??)