March 29, 200719 yr comment_154163 not realy sure where to post this- so i've posted in diy too I'm getting ready to set up my new tank (270 liter sun sun ) I've got everything ready to go (bar new plants) I scavenged some drift wood from the river and have had it soaking for the last week and a half after pressure washing it -should i treat it in any way to kill off any nasty's-its too big to boil(about 60+ cm long) -it's lost most of it's buoyancy,but not all -any ideas how i could hurry the process up tanks in advance Sid Report
March 29, 200719 yr comment_154166 I have never treated any driftwood I have added to tanks. Just gave it a thorough hosing and a scrub with a nailbrush or similar and made sure there was nothing stuck in the holes and crevices. Report
March 29, 200719 yr comment_154171 Hot water and baking soda should suck any remaining air out of the log. Report
March 30, 200719 yr comment_154228 Someone could probably make a nice bit of money getting an old boiler that you could put big pieces of driftwood in, hook up a vacuum pump to suck out all the air then fill it with water. Should be instant sinking driftwood. Sink your driftwood! $20! per piece! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.