Howdy folks

acara

A wee bit about myself.

I'm a kiwi living in Dublin,been here 6.5yrs,was in the Scottish Highlands for 3.5yr before here.

I kept fish in NZ in my mid-teens(mid '80's),and have just taken it up here again a little over a year ago.Things have changed a lot since the '80's,and it seems that there is a lot more species available over here,but in saying that I havn't checked out the NZ scene in a long time,(my local lfs has a stunning shoal of 9 wild caught red belly pirhana for a mere 500 euro).Theres also a good selection of freshwater lobster and shrimp here.

My current main aquatic interests are,Sth/Central American cichlids,L numbers and corys.Currently have corydoras sterbai,arcuatus,incolicana,axelrodi,adolphoi,aenus and c121(which I hope to breed soon).Juwel are the most popular tanks here,from what I see in NZ,they don't seem to be too common.

Also mad into scuba diving,been to a good few spots around the world,Sipidan and Mabul,off Borneo,being the best for aquatic life.There is a 'no-take' policy over here,so scallops and lobster are there to be looked at only(I am actually subjected to a full search when leaving the water,the paddys dont trust kiwi divers!)

Well thats enough rambling from me.

Actually none at the moment,The last I had were sheepshead(laetacara curviceps)which were spawning flat out when I lived in Sth Dublin,but after buying a house in West Dublin I lost them before I could get the water sorted.Its very hard out here,limescale is a nightmare.I now get RO water at my lfs and buffer it with tap water from mates place in Sth Dublin.Only cichlids I have at moment are sajicas.I have grand plans for the 7x4m concrete block shed in garden,but to get that to fish house state will cost me at least a ring,probably a wedding too!!Still negotiating!

• 2 weeks later...