Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

water changes.

Featured Replies

I have noticed that my mitrate levels are not going above 5ppm, without water changes. If they stay at that level do I ever need to do water changes?

My tank is heavy planted. there are so many plants that I can not vacuum the gravel.

Thinking about employing some corys to do the vacuuming for me.

Maybe it's your test kit that's the problem. But if those readings are accurate, and that level's stable...no, you wouldn't need to do water changes. I'm sort of doubting it though.

My heavily planted tank read 0 nitrate last couple of times I checked it. This is with pressurised CO2 as well though. I still do weekly or every second week water changes. There's no substitute for a gravel vac and fresh water :)

My tank is heavily planted, well filtered, and lightly stocked and I rarely do water changes. I don't test the water either so have no idea what the readings are.

LOL Ira, there's no crap in my water. I get it out of the tap, not the toilet. :P

There's no substitute for a gravel vac and fresh water :)

I'm with Luke. I rarely have any nitrate detectable in my heavily planted tanks but the fish are definitely healthier if I do regular water changes. There are all kinds of chemicals that build up in an enclosed environment apart from nitrates.

Oh... maybe that's what Ira was trying to say... :P

LOL Ira, there's no crap in my water. I get it out of the tap, not the toilet. :P

Wow, you've trained your fish to get out of the tank and go to the bathroom elsewhere? Cool, how'd you do that? :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.