Electric blue

bulldogod

African is right, there should be a harem so that the males attentions are dispersed. You would be wise to watch her carefully and separate her should she show signs of distress or alternatively get some more females. My males at 10cm were rearing to breed, however my females were slightly smaller and did not hold their eggs for the first couple of times due to their inexperience.

As for price..well our LFS has a juvenille male/female for $180 :roll:

At the end of the day I guess it depends on how much you want em!!

Bulldog if you have no other fryeri then I would suggest you go to your LFS up there and get yourself a harem. At least you could rest assured that any eventual bullying would be dispersed amongst the girls and for the size difference you wont be waiting too long for the male to start showing the nice colouration as displayed in the trade me pic.

No the pair did come in from the supplier, as it was pointed out by owners daughter when I went down there the week after their fish order came in. They also sell for the same price around other stores, have seen them on the lists :D I had actually said to them a trip prior that I had some nice coloured fryeri males for cheap available that they were keen on, and the daughter actually rolled her eyes at the fact that someone had ordered the pair off the list later on down the track, as they like male Afs only due to colour apparently :lol: