Fire Bellied Newt

yarimochi

I've just looked at some books on the fire bellied newt and they're soo cool! :D Does anyone here know about these creatures?? It'd be really cool if someone could post some pics of their newt set-up or something. HOw much are the newts? $50? And what pet shop can you get them from?? Do the adults need any land? and if so what could I provide if 75% of the tank would be filled with water? What would their favourtie food be and how many litres would you need for two? Thanks

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/3-vt16 ... c&start=30

theres a picture of my newt setup on page 4 i think, is overkill i think so maybe selling it soon (without the newts) would be ok for newts or frogs i suppose, theres was another thread with peoples newt setup pics but cant find it, search them on this site and you might find tht and some other info.pics etc.

I used to keep mine in a nice big cube tank, with a big slate wall built up, with the whole back half stones and substrate and the odd rock for them to sit up on, and the front a water area with a piece of mangrove root (wood) coming up out of the water up the wall so they used it as a climbing area to get out, looked really natural, I had Japanese Rush growing in clumps out of the substrate and the newts love climbing up it and sitting amongst the leaves... wish i had taken a pic of the set up, sadly I never did tho :-? One of those things you kick yourself for later :roll: :lol: