My Blue Ram with frys

Discusguru

Thanks for the comments. Started with 3 pairs and everytime a pair breed one of the parent got kill. They fight over the eggs alot. Out of 3 pairs i am left with only 1 pair. I just put them together after they both kill their pathner and they spawn the next day.

Have got an earlier batch which is about 1-1.5 cm in size.

Will let you all know when their ready to go.

Thanks,

ron

Thanks Brad and caserole!

Brad, your pair is very nice, I think you posted it on a tread here and I've seen it.

Notice how dirty the tank is? It covered with algea. The first 4 spawn never gone past 3 days because I kept the tank sparkling clean and they all die of hunger. They are too small to eat BBS in the first few days.

ron

Thanks Afrikan ! Always an awsome sight to see lots of frys in tow :D . Pity they don't feed off the parents like discus do, that would make life so much easier.

Caserole, yea i've been told that but I haven't got the time to fiddle with the microworms lol. One day i will get a culture to see if it's easy to keep.

Never have any luck with white worm :oops:

I feed the parents with mossie lavea and daphnia and bloodworm

ron

One day i will get a culture to see if it's easy to keep.

Never have any luck with white worm

The microworms are real easy, there's 2 ways to culture them 1 lasts a long time and produces a nice amount the other way produces heaps and heap but does not last long at all and needs to be reset often.

I used to have very good w/worm cultures then for some reason I just couldn't get them going, I seem to have sorted that out now by using just a basic medium and keeping them on the floor where it's cool.