second hand filters

ikan

Hey Ikan,

You can get the AquaOne CF1200 for $138 + $5 postage (cheapest at the moment petplanet.co.nz) or Jebo 819 (same spec) for $180ish at hutt pets.

I would recommend getting them new since they're cheap. With anything, half retail is the most you should pay for a used item. I'd pay $~50 for a 2nd hand cannister up to 1200L/hr. Some may pay more for special Fluval or Eheim versions, but $150ish for a brand new 1200Lhr filter that works fine and parts are easy to get............ you get where I'm going with that haha

Have fun,

Jono

We have bought most of our external filters new, however, we bought a second hand Fluval and it works like a dream still.. I wouldn't look past second hand if it has been running smoothly beforehand. However, then it comes down to sellers word :lol: At least with brand new will get a "fix or replacement" option within a time frame...

Aqua One stockists were running a special on their filters, so might pay to get one.. as some stores have the special price running.. :D