Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ballasts

Featured Replies

Electronics are normally more efficent and AFAIK they dont need starters which simplifies things. Magnetic is cheaper and easier to get though.

If I was going to do it again, I'd go electric, but when I built it I was like 'umm some ballast thingees and those starter things and do you have the plug bits? so it wasn't until a while later I realised I was even using magnetic ballasts.

All of my tanks run magnetic ballasts at the moment, and I've noticed they (ballasts) get quite hot.

The cost difference will pay for itself in no time in the savings that you get from the higher efficiency. Plus they are easier on the tubes when starting which make them last longer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.