Plastic Grass + WCMM

SpidersWeb

Just wondering if WCMM will spawn happily with plastic grass (those spawning mats you buy) or do they really need java moss?

What size tank is needed to spawn WCMM? The smaller the better, but if I'm being silly then they can have a 30L tank to spawn in, I got this tiny tank for $5 thats like a little square, holds about 3 litres.

I think wcmm have adhesive eggs (sure someone will correct me if not) Artificial grass is like netting or marbles and good for breeding egg scatterers with non adhesive eggs that will go to the bottom and be hidden. I used to have good success breeding them in a heavily planted tank then taking the parents out when you see fry.

• 4 weeks later...

Spidersweb - did your wcmm breed? I have had 5 Sunet MM since about Nov last and when I placed java moss I noticed much activity around it - and I think much eating too! So have placed the moss in separate small bowl, 2nd day, no activity visible.

• 2 weeks later...