Fluval 404 Impeller - old type

Dasher

Hi there,

Does anyone know who may have an Impeller for an older Fluval 404. It is the slimmer impeller with the curved blades, not the straight blade model that is in the late model 404's and 405's

Called Jansens and Hollywood and both dont have any and Hagen agent says they are no longer available. So I am looking for any old stock or overseas supplier I guess???

Your a good person Zoban - despite what everyone says :o) lol

Thanks for that, i was hunting around on net looking, but didnt come across that site. I'll order it in pronto unless someone local comes up with one closer to home.

Thanks again.

Hi Caryl - Hang on to that one thanks!!!!!

I went into Jansens to return one that they had sold that was wrong. Originally they said they had no other models, but one of the helpful staff said he had seen one lying around that fitted the description.

Sure enough after a few minutes he came out with one for a 304 that looks identical to the one needed.

When I get home I'll try it in the 404 and see if it is the same part, if not I will buy your one thanks.

Also decided to bump up filtration and add a Aqua One 2400. The Fluval 404 will become the backup unit used on another tank. The CF2400 are a damn good price at $260, has any one been bitten by them or are they ok?