Need help on co2 bubble counter/reactor diffuser please

Discusguru

I saw these two pack sitting on the shelf in goldfish pagoda and made him an offer. I thought it would come in handy since i'm starting a planted tank for my big discus. No idea how to hook it up and Patrick doesn't know either.

Thanks fishboi!

Anyone else got any idea how it's suppose to hook up? Do I need both of them or only one?

Cheers,

ron

Okay, the top unit in the pic looks like a bell diffuser (unless there's some piping I don't see) and should be downwards in the tank. Presumably, the U bend would run the line down the tank and then curve up, then connect with the diffuser which has a downwards facing input.... Kind of a "nJ" shape, if u get my drift. The other unit is a fancy bubble counter. This can be put inline anywhere between the needle valve and the diffuser. The U bend with that will aid in getting the line up the tank and connect with the other U tube for the diffuser.

Wow, funny how hard it is to explain something that would only take a sec to show :)

the top 2 pieces look pretty straight forward.

becareful when fixing the hose on the glass openning. they breaks easily. made sure you have the right size hose. it is too tie then get a looses one.

the elbow joint will be over the edge of the top part of the tank. it will be better if you can have a longer connector so that the diffuser will start at the lower end.

for the bubble counter, you have to made sure you get the tube right side up. (according to the wording printed on the glass. top it up with water and try to hold it in the right side up position.

Brianemone is right, you may or may not use this elbow. bu i think it may help you to keep the bubble counter right side up.

interesting piece. are you sure this is not the kit for mad scienctist. :P:P:P

Cheer

I saw these two pack sitting on the shelf in goldfish pagoda and made him an offer. I thought it would come in handy since i'm starting a planted tank for my big discus. No idea how to hook it up and Patrick doesn't know either.

Thanks fishboi!

Anyone else got any idea how it's suppose to hook up? Do I need both of them or only one?

Cheers,

ron

cant believe i missed out cuz i go there every week, must have been on the top self [i am a shorty :lol: ]

is there are ceramic disc in that diffuser?

Wow, funny how hard it is to explain something that would only take a sec to show :)

no kidding, i just tried to explain it with words and just couldn't so here is some pics.

this is what blue is suggesting to do [from what i understand] but since it has an ceramic diffuser than its not a bell diffuser so this would not work

glassdiffuserandcounter.jpg

this is what Brianemone is suggesting which would be the way i would do it too.

glassdiffuser2.jpg

they looks like ADA stuff which i love. hope that helped.

Good work with the pic, fishboi :) Yup, exactly what I meant and the revised version is the way to go if it's a cerami disc.

Here's a note for you - your ceramic disc will get dirty eventually. To clean, soak in a 10% chlorine solution overnight, then soak in a dechlorinating solution. Do not at any time touch the ceramic disc with your hands as the oils and skin cells block the tiny holes in the ceramic disc.

Happy to help and glad you're enjoying the plants!

just got back from goldfish pagoda and unfortunately he cant get anymore as it was an one off. he had 5 set.

but i found this guy on trademe which sells similar types but no where near as good price wise, bought some plant scissors off him and they were real good quality stuff.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... er=1890417

I suppose there's a pretty big market for CO2 gear at the right price, after I'm done with the fishroom and I have some money to play with I'm thinking of doing some bulk purchases to drive down the prices and get some really good deals for everyone... have to say though, his prices are a heck of a lot better than mine were when I did this last year. I can't even get a dual gauge rig with solenoid that cheap! Then again, mine come with JBJ bubble counters, I suppose...

After some long discussions and making arrangements I've managed to score a healthy selection of CO2 gear and some tasty prices.

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/co2-eq ... 18364.html

You'll notice a similar DAZs bubble counter, but the newer model has coils inside. The Gamba XII diffuser looks exactly like discusgurus, tho.

K, I'm exhausted after all that formatting. Night all!