Shark Internal Filter

smidey

Hi all, I purchased a one foot tank & various other hardware a year or so ago that we used as a tester which seeded the bug for the fish keeping hooby with me & my family. i have tidied up & found a shark filter which has IP68 number on it. can anyone tell me how the media works in this filter? it has a oval "tank" on the bottom with a grated type area on the front bottom of it that where the water obviously enters a small comparment at the front of the tank & a round part at the back. this may sound odd but i guess someone that has used one will know what im on about.

It sucks in water from the bottom, the bottom round section has a rotating sleeve that acts to control inlet volume. The water is then expelled along the top slit. You should be able to buy media at your Local Fish Shop. Or cut your own out of any filter media. Found the manufacturers web site read more here http://www.sicce.com/prodotti.php?fam_prodotti=0&id_sez=6&id=39 :wink: