dageti eggs

Whiskas

I think i have dageti eggs!!!! :o

I have taken them from their parents tank and put them in a net breeder thing in my fry tank. How long till they are born? And what do I feed them? Food I have: Freeze-dried tubifex worms; freeze dried blood worms; Aqua One tropical flakes; spirulina discs; dried plankton culture (do I need to do any preparation with this before feeding to any of the fish?); and am now trying to hatch some Brine Shrimp eggs that someone gave me, but they may be a bit old.

Any other advice/tips will be gratefully received. :D

• 3 weeks later...

still got the eggs but they havn't hatched yet and it has been like 3 weeks! :-? Dunno whats goin on there? Any suggestions.

The degati have spawned again but i havn't removed the eggs so they prolly all got eaten, but when i do their water change etc this weeekend i will have a look :)

Have a carefull look at the eggs. If they are white they will be no good, but if they are fertile you will see a baby fish in there by now. If you have added methylene blue the infertile eggs will pick up the blue colour and fertile ones will be clearer and you still should see an eye in there watching you.

If as Alan says, have they got babies inside of them, this Alan says put them into a small medical vial of water with microworms in it, and go for a walk around the block with the vial in your pocket.

On your arrival home, tip the contents into a bowl of aquarium water, and you should have babies.

You put them in your pocket so they don't get to hot or cold.

Walking shacks them about ( shacking them in you hand works too ) simulating--- I have know idea --- in ceased water flow ??.

Either way it does work I've done it may times.

You just have to make sure the eggs are ready to hatch = you can see perfectly formed eyes looking back at you through the egg shell. :wink::wink: they even do lop the lop in their eggs, it crazy. :lol:

Killies can be a heap of fun to breed.

The reason is that with the eggs taking so long to hatch I put down to the egg shells being too thick.

The hatch method is :-

Yes, even temperature.

Yes, movement.

But the secret ingredient is the microworms.

They create an acidic environment which dissolves the egg shell.

That is why it is imperative that they are put into the bowl of water on your return, otherwise they will die from oxygen depletion.

I learnt that one day when | was distracted and I lost the whole tube.

You learn quickly with errors like that.

I hatched 100's of medaka eggs this way, ensuring that the babies were all the same age.

Oh!! Forgot to mention it, you get a work out that's healthy for you as well. Bonus.