RO/DI Units

Tom Gunner

I'm considering getting this RO/DI from these guys in the UK:

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/22/products_id/90

This works out to be around $210 NZD, which seems quite a reasonable price for a 50 Gallon Per Day 4 Stage unit.

I'd prefer to buy NZ - Are there any suppliers over here that can beat that price?

this is the same model unit i have, very good units!

i got mine from wonderworld in rotorua, Arty sold it to me for $350, but it was at the same time i brought a very large amount of live stock so i think he gave me a reasoniable discount. from memory the box had $450 on it but i may be wrong.

This works out to be around $210 NZD, which seems quite a reasonable price for a 50 Gallon Per Day 4 Stage unit.

I'd prefer to buy NZ - Are there any suppliers over here that can beat that price?

If you do get one let me know cause i am in the market and would be keen for a peice of the action

I'd be keen to get one as well. Would you get a discount for buying more than 1?

I got one of the 3 stage versions of these, slightly cheaper than the 4 stage. I had it shipped to a mate in London and had him post it to me as it was supposed to be cheaper than getting them to send it direct. The price of freight doubled the cost. $395 landed, was 3 months, yes, 3 MONTHS LATE, and it was not in working order (fortunately not a major as I could get a replacement part locally). In the end I could've got a unit that produced more gallons per day for slightly less in Auckland.

They do seem to be a reasonable unit but I wish I'd bought locally. Do wonderworld carry the replacement filters for them?

Same reason everything else cost more in nz, quantities sold are far smaller so you have to work on a bigger mark-up.

we also have lots of compliance cost for importing some products and you have additional cost like, MAf, gst,customs, freight forwarders etc, the list goes on.

Also in general salaries keep rising so product cost keeps rising.

Also eBay is not a store so comparing pricing on eBay from a pricing from a shop/trader is not a fair comparison.

RO/DI is not dependent on the size of the tank, it is all about water quality, if you use tap water for top off or for mixing salt then you will be adding neutrents to your tank. if you have an RO/DI unit and use this for all water entering the tank, you can be sure it is good water and will not add any neutrents to the tank. its all about keeping the water as clean as possiable.

hope that helps. :D

ohh and welcome 8)