January 9, 200719 yr comment_140095 does anyone have any good ways of catching fry (cons) in a tank that I dont want to strip? baitcatcher? some sort of trap? catching them 1 by 1 has started to wreck the swords and is very time consuming.. Report
January 9, 200719 yr comment_140096 We use a big horse sized syringe when I want to move fry Works wonders Report
January 10, 200719 yr comment_140135 Depends entirely on the size of them matt. I use an airline. Report
January 10, 200719 yr comment_140136 I use a pipette from the chemist used for measuring babies medicine (like a very large eye dropper). For bigger fry I use a clear rigid plastic tube with thumb over the end and even bigger a gravel vac hose (only) as the vac gadget has a flap valve to damage them. Report
January 10, 200719 yr Author comment_140196 syphoned them when they were younger but now theyre pretty fast :evil: and in a 4 ft 300L tank with lots of amazon swords and other fish, just thought there would be another way :lol: will keep at it with the nets -doesnt matter if a few are left theyll get bigger and be easier to catch and more nutritious for my clown Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.