agressive?

Whiskas

Can Epiplatys Dageti be a bit aggressive towards each other for whatever reason? I noticed last nite that one of my females had a minor wound on her side. I cant find anything sharp in the tank that would cause it. Luckily it only seems to be a surface wound. I have treated the tank with Melafix (antibacterial) and have seperated her into a breeding net holder thing. She appears happy enough.

I had been informed that I waffled on.

Thought I'd just answer the question asked.

Doesn't it look stupid??

Yeah, when you have killies set up and the urge comes on you can, or should I say, the female can be in trouble.

Most are hard drivers, and that is why we use trios of one male to the two females, with hiding places as well.

When she feels confident about the male she will react appropriately.

Where did you get the fish??

Alan 104

I had been informed that I waffled on.

Thought I'd just answer the question asked.

Doesn't it look stupid??

Just my observation here alan, i think you should go to your profile and wrote 'alan 104' in as your signature. That way, you don't have to write it every time, And you can also write as small amount as you want and it doesnt look so bad.... :D

I have not kept dageti but have reared a lot of other killies. A tank full of Notho guentheri or gardneri males can look like a war zone but it is mainly bluff unless there are females there to fight over. I had a tank with about 500 guentheri males once and after all the war games there did not seem to be any permanent damage.

Alan 56