I am in the process of setting up my new tank

Sweetysmum

And am just wondering how often I should add the cycle to the water. It is a six foot tank and at present has no fish in it, as they are waiting for the bacteria levels to get established before they move in. I added my first dose of cycle tonight, which was 20 lids full because of the size of the tank, and the instructions say to add more in 7 days time. I would appreciate any advice as to what others have done when setting up their tank. I am not so worried about establishing the bacteria levels quickly to get them in quicker, but just want to do it correctly. Thank you for your time. :)

if the fish are in another tank?? use the filter media/filter from that tank on the new one use the water from it as well. whats going in it how many L is the tank and what is the filtration?? I never use any cycle and usually just use a 'Cycled' cannister on a new tank for a few days to help, and use as much water from there previous HOME, and dont do any water changes for a couple of weeks (some people say too do lots of water changes, but each to there own :lol: IMO it allows the bacteria to establish b4 adding new water/chemicals if you use tap water

I put half the water & the internal filter from my original 30L tank into my 200L tank & put 10 neons into the 200L tank the following day. By the end of the 2nd day all of my fish (angels loaches glowlights) were in the 200L tank on the morning of the 3rd day. No losses at all.