Salifert test kit for calcium

kevan

I have just got a Salifert Calcium test kit and when I do the test I am supposed to drip reaction agent in which will change test liquid from pinky colour to blue ,I drip in all 1mill but no change which means calcium is over 500 parts .Do you thjink this is faulty test kit or my calcium is over 500? to add calcum I was adding heaped teaspoon of Seacem calcium adative powder every second day , since I got test kit five weeks ago I have only added 2 spoons of calcium and still test result the same. I do add kalkwisser solution constantly by drip to compensate for evaporation.

No just did 1 ml of solution 3 .

Add with 2 ml syringe 2 ml of water in the test vial. For a low resolution and more tests per kit add 1 ml instead of 2 ml.

Add 1 spoon of Ca-1 (low resolution approx. 1/2 spoon) do not swirl yet.

Add 8 drops of Ca-2 to the water in the test vial. and swirl gently for 10 seconds. For low resolution 4 instead of 8 drops.

Put the plastic tip firmly on the 1 ml syringe. And draw into the syringe the Ca-3 reagent (ensure that the end of the plastic tip is constantly submersed in the Ca-3 reagent) till the lower end of the black part of the pistion is exactly at the 1.00 ml mark. There will be air present just below the piston. This is the air which was present between the end of the plactic tip and the piston. This will not influence the test result.

Add dropwise with the 1 ml syringe the Ca-3 reagent to the water in the test tube. Swirl after each drop a second or continue with this until color changes from pink-red to a clear blue color.

Hold the syringe with the tip facing upward and read the position of the , now the upper end, of the black part of the piston. The syringe has graduations of 0.01 ml. Read the Calcium value from the table or calculate as follows.