Low cost Co2 System

PETEYPLECO

If there was a simple and reliable locally manufactured Co2 system complete with 20 Oz bottle ( approx / TBA ), regulator, needle valve, lines and reactor, how many of you would buy it and for how much?

first u would need to answer these questions

how reliable? 2 year warranty ...etc

regulator with pressure gage?

needle valve separate or build in to regulator?

what type of air tube? proper or just normal air line.

type of bottle?

reactor as in diffuser? if so what type...... glass, coil, ladder, ceramic....etc

I was aksing as I am able to source and import Co2 bottles from overseas, I can also get reg's and needle valves at trade price locally.

I was basicaly wanting to make my own cheap, D.I.Y system and wondered if I could maybe sell a few more once my own was perfected and trialed for a period of time.

Bottles would be certified ex faxtory and obviously re fillable, all regs and valves replacable locally, tubing would be locally sourced Co2 resistant.

Reactor or DIFFUSER would be based on a powerhead and ceramic noodle filled canister, as Co2 is passed in to the canister the power head forces water in and the two are swirled and mixed together, the tank water is slowly released out of the base of the canister.

As I say it would be a low cost D.I.Y system origianly for my own use but I thought I could help a few others out as we all dont have $200 to $600 for a LFS model !

Bottles would be certified ex faxtory and obviously re fillable, all regs and valves replacable locally.

i'll be really intrested in a few bottles and regs depending what type they are. i think u need to be a bit more specific.

from what i understand the 20Oz bottles would need an adaptor?

what type of reg? gauge, duel gauge, plastic/metal gauge, built in needle valve, bubble counter, solenoid...............etc

cuz if its just a simple 20Oz bottle with no adaptor and just a small reg with no gauge like the ones on tools on line then it can already be done for around $80 - $100

Reactor or DIFFUSER would be based on a powerhead and ceramic noodle filled canister, as Co2 is passed in to the canister the power head forces water in and the two are swirled and mixed together, the tank water is slowly released out of the base of the canister.

As I say it would be a low cost D.I.Y system origianly for my own use but I thought I could help a few others out as we all dont have $200 to $600 for a LFS model !

u mean a in line CO2 reactor.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen up here in Auckland a converted 2KG Co2 fire extinguisher. That cost $100 to fit a reg and needle valve to this.

It can be re filled at Firecorp for about $30 providing it is not out of date, it must also have its manufacturers LAB number stamped on the cylinder as NZ has very strick issues on imported bottles.

All bottles must be inspected evey 6 years.

What sizes of Co2 cylinders are people running currently?

I am aware of sodastream sized to 2 kg converted fire extinguisher sized bottles?

What is considered to be to small to be a waste of time or to big to be concealed?

i have a 12 Oz and a 20Oz bottle. both equally as good but would get another 20Oz for my next one.

dont think there is size that are too small to be a waste of time as they sell very small units over sea, bottles that hangs on side of tank like Amano had on his small displays.